Living the Resolutions

The end of 2010 brought on some pretty stiff resolutions.  Knowing that it would be in my best interest to keep these, I worked hard to live by them. And I think I did pretty well.  I reminded myself of them often, and repeating them helped me stay focused on the important things in my life.

So, how do I top them?  Not really sure that I do, but that's ok.  In fact, I'm going to resurrect one or two in this year's list.  Besides, making resolutions isn't about going above and beyond previous years.  It's about finding something you can live by that will help make, and keep, you a better person than you may have been in years past.

  1. I resolve to not let my fears crush my spirit.  I like this one so much, I'm making it Numero Uno again for the year 2012.  No matter what the situation is, there is no reason that my spirit can't outlive my fear.  
  2. I resolve to choose happiness.  This sounds kind of dumb, but as you may have heard me say before, I believe there is always a choice.  A person will be truly happy only when they allow themselves to be.  
  3. I resolve to share the love.  What goes around, comes around.  And I'd like to add... what goes around, comes around, ten-fold or more.  There is no reason I can't be loving to others, after all the love I've received.  
  4. I resolve to find my way about the obstacles.  Obstacles are put in our way not to prevent us from getting something, but to see how badly we want it.  This is a big one for me, as I am easily distracted and dissuaded.  More effort needs to be spent on getting what I want rather than finding something different to get.
  5. I resolve to continue to focus on the things that enrich my life.  In the whole grand scheme of life, I have very little to complain about.  Very little.  I am fully aware of this, yet, somehow desire or envy still have the ability to creep in and make me lose sight of what's really important.  I am so very grateful for the friends, the family, the relationships I have which have made my life all that much better.  Material things pale in comparison.  
May 2012 bring everyone peace, love, light and prosperity.  May you laugh more than cry.  May your heart burst with love.  May you be showered with kindness.  May you be blessed in every way.  Happy New Year!

1 comment: