Circle of Life

I had the opportunity to attend another couple of sessions with Nithya Shanti this weekend, and it was just as fabulous as the first time around! I was able to reaffirm some of the teachings that I learned at the session in August, and I was also able to reach inside just a little bit more and learn yet some new things about myself and about life in general.

I know that I have many issues that need to be faced. Jealousy and anger are at the top of that bunch. Sometimes jealousy and anger merge together as one for me. And if I begin to feel jealous or envious of something someone else has, I also get equally as angry that I don't have it. Nithya exposed a very cool circle of life type of thing that I believe will help me deal with these emotions.

"Behind anger there is fear. Behind every fear there is an unmet request. Behind the unmet request there is love."

A mother told her child to stay out of the road when he played. The child agreed, but when the ball rolled into the road, he went out after it. The mother saw this, got very angry, scolded the child and told him he could not play outside anymore. This, of course, made the child very sad and angry. Then the mother explained, "I asked you not to go in the road because I don't want you to get hurt. You did not honor my request, and I got angry because I was afraid you would be injured. I do not want you to be hurt because I love you." Anger-fear-request-love. The circle of life.

We have the ability to heal any wound by completing the cycle of anger to love. When we are angry, we need to explore why and find the love that lies behind it. When someone else is angry with us, we need to ask what they are afraid of and find the love. This process of thinking may be easier to apply with certain situations than others, but I believe that if you look hard enough and deep enough, there is love to be found. And once we find that love, we can remedy the other things that are making us afraid and angry. And that's where you'll find yet another moment of AHA.

1 comment:

  1. wow, how wise. thanks for sharing this, Kate. You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete