Embrace What You Do Not Want

Nithya Shanti continues to be a strong influence in my life. He changes his status update an average of every 2 minutes or so, and many of his little sayings give me great pause and something to really ponder.

"Proactively embrace the opposite of what you most want, cherish and aspire for, and all fear will be resolved."
    What I want most is to be surrounded by friends, to never truly be alone. I am deathly afraid of being alone. I may have mentioned this a time or two previously. Solitude is good, and I enjoy quietness, but the feeling of being "alone" is overbearing to me. It does not thrill me to consider embracing the concept of being alone. However, I can appreciate how not chasing after something would allow it to appear to me on it's own. If I am desperate for friends, and spend all my energy trying to be overly nice to people, there's no genuinity, which will shun people away. However, when I can understand and accept that I can survive by myself, I have a lot of good qualities to offer the world, and I am never truly alone, my attitude towards others will shift. I won't seem so desperate. When I can be 100% genuine and honest with myself and with others, my inner beauty will come pouring out and people will be naturally attracted to me. That's the basic law of the universe.

    Embrace the thought of being alone. Seems very foreign to me, and doesn't really make me very excited to think about being alone, but I also understand the value of embracing that which frightens you the most. Tough as it may be at times, I have been working hard to embrace my fears, face my fears, and conquer them once and for all.

    1 comment: