The Best Feeling Ever

The past few days have been filled with Moments of AHA, and once again most of them came from friends.

This past Tuesday, I had a stage band rehearsal. Music was fun, and company was great. Lots of laughs in between songs, and plenty of good conversations. Wednesday was the stage band gig, and once again lots of laughs and between-song-conversing. Always a great time, even if the style of music isn't my favorite.

After the gig, I went to a local watering hole and hung out with some friends from the band and associated spouses. I hadn't been there 15 minutes, when in walked a dear friend of mine from college, who now lives in Florida!! The sneaky monkey was in town for family festivities and didn't tell very many people he was coming. (He's actually quite famous for this. One year, around Christmastime, he called me and after chatting for a few minutes, he revealed that he was in his car in my driveway! He likes surprises.) He and I were very close in our college days, and although distance has come between us, each time we talk or see one another it's as if no time has passed at all. I absolutely love hanging out and talking with him. We stayed at the bar for quite a while after the rest of our group had departed. It was so wonderful to catch up one on one, and share things have been going on in my life, as well as listening to things going on in his.

Today after work, I met up with another dear friend from college. This friend lives in the area, and although we were also very close in college, we went in our own separate directions after graduation, and distance kept us from seeing each other very often. But we have reconnected for a number of different reasons, and it's been wonderful.

I've always considered myself a very loyal friend, and I've always been very passionate about my friends. Laughing with a good friend is one of the best feelings in the world. I had a group of girls I hung out with in middle school, and whenever we went to the library, inevitably, someone would get a case of the giggles. The librarians hated us, because we would *always* giggle and laugh. At who knows what! At nothing! It was just the fact that we were supposed to be quiet, I think, that sparked that initial snicker. And when you try to stifle a good ol' belly laugh, it just makes things worse. So there we sat, 5 or 6 middle school girls, all trying not to laugh loudly at one another. Snorting and snarking and making all sorts of interesting noises. I'm telling you- those librarians hated us, but we always left the library exhausted, out of breath and with a sore gut! Best feeling ever!

Hanging with friends now is no different. Well, except that we can laugh out loud - as loud as we want - at anything we want, for as long as we want! And isn't that just a spectacular feeling! No matter what the topic of conversation, there are certain friends we each have who can spark a laugh in us. Laughing is contagious, if you've ever noticed. Once one person laughs, usually someone else joins in and before long the whole darn crowd is laughing and most of the time, no one can remember what started it!

I love laughing. And I love hanging out with my friends. Good thing the people I choose to spend time with can make me laugh! A lot. Keep it coming, dear friends. Keep the laughter loud and strong, and you'll keep yourself healthy for a long time. Laughter = AHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment