Snowblowing Bliss

Ok, I admit that this might not be the biggest accomplishment ever, but I'm pretty proud of it. Tonight, I used a snowblower. For the first time in my life, I used the snowblower instead of shoveling! My oldest wanted to shovel, so of course I let him clean off the front porch while I blew out the driveway. It was surprisingly easy, and almost fun. (I enjoy spring and summer gardening much better than winter snowblowing, just for the record.)

This is a huge accomplishment to me, just for the fact that I can add one more thing to my ever-growing repertoire of stuff I know how to do and can do by myself! Of course, I had a little help in figuring out how to use the darn thing, but once I got the hang of it, it was easy! This has been a learning year, if nothing else, and I have discovered that I can do quite a few "handy" things around the house if I put my mind to it and get a little advice beforehand. And each time I complete something new, my confidence level goes up and I'm not so scared to try something else the next time. I'm beginning to love this cycle.

So, no deep down philosophical introspections, mainly because I'm simply tired out. But I'll go to sleep tonight with a clean(er) driveway and a smile on my face knowing I did it myself.

1 comment:

  1. Ive been terrified of the snowblower myself. I did get over it one time that I was forced to do it. I will say that Keith was away on a business trip and I was forced to do it. The wheel feel off, a pin had fallen out!! so the rotors stopped working. I had to push i manually. It was brand spanking new. I was in tears but I got enough done to get my little car out. That frustration made me learn how to do it! Now that it is working, it is much easier than that one day. UGH.

    ReplyDelete