Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Life is full of changes.  Changes can take all sorts of shapes, sizes, variations... they can be expected or not, they can be beneficial or harmful, they can be big or little, they can be quick or take a long time.  Regardless of the shape, size or variation, we can make positive things happen because said changes, if we really want to.

I am facing quite a number of changes right now.  Some of them were brought on by my own choice, others were presented to me by someone else.  Although I can't go into details for some of them, I'll share a few that I can.

Since my youngest was born in 2008, I have wanted to lose a little weight and tone up my stomach. I am not out to lose 100 pounds (even I know that would be really bad), and I most likely will not turn into a fitness fanatic overnight, but I do need to increase my physical activity, as well as my healthy food intake.  I cannot afford, nor do I have the schedule, to join a gym.  So I bought Wii Zumba.  I had never done Zumba, and when I first tried it, I fell in love with it.  One might say that I'm slightly addicted to it.  Although I still don't exercise in any sort of regular intervals, once I start on Zumba, I could do it for hours.  I've been trying to take advantage of some outdoor activities,too, like snowshoeing with my son's class or ice skating at the college Campus Center.  As soon as the weather turns just a little nicer, I plan to take a short walk twice a day, at least two or three days a week, by parking on the opposite side of campus and walking into work.  A gym routine I can't do.  These kind of activities, I can, and I plan to make it more of a priority to move just a little more every day.  I know these little changes will not result in having a super-toned body, but if it will help me feel better and get my muscles moving, then I'll do it.

As for eating better, I was presented with quite a huge challenge today.  A friend of mine is starting a 40-day raw vegan diet, and she's invited others to join her.  Whereas I've never even been a vegetarian for more than an hour or two, going completely raw vegan would be way too big a drastic change for my body to handle or for my mind to accept.  For those who are interested, a raw vegan diet (from what I understand) consists only of raw fruit, veggies, sprouts, nuts, seeds, oils, and juices.  No meat products, or foods cooked above 116 degrees Fahrenheit.  I'm going to take this challenge and revise it a bit to better fit my budget, lifestyle and opportunity (with 3 kids in the house, buying food for 2 completely different meals every time we eat just doesn't make sense).  For me, this challenge is going to mean simply much more raw fruits, veggies, nuts, sprouts, etc and much less sugar, processed food, junk food, and such.  I'm going to force myself to choose grapes and a banana over cheese crackers and granola bars for a snack.  Won't be easy, but I'm hoping that the benefits of eating healthier and doing more exercise will pay off in the end.

There are some job-related changes on the horizon, as well.  I can't go into detail about this just yet, but I'm excited about the possibilities that these changes could open up.  My responsibilities will be shifting and I should be able to do more of what I like to do, which is a very good thing.  This also gives me the chance to improve some of my skills and use more creativity, also very good things.

I'm also brainstorming more than ever how to boost up my business and sales with Creative Memories.  This side business, which I absolutely love, has been pushed to the back burner since the end of 2009, and I haven't been doing nearly as much with it as I should be.  Time to change that.  I'm not going to turn into a pushy salesperson, that's just not who I am.  But I have to step up my game plan and really put a lot more  effort behind this business if I want to reap the benefits that are available.

Those are some of my changes.  What changes do you have waiting?  What small steps can you take that could potentially have a big effect?  I had been putting off those questions for a long time.  Now, it's time to face them.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment