Mom, Sis and I

Today I hung out with my mom and sister all day. This has not exactly been a "normal" thing for me to do. My mother and I butted heads for many years, until I went to college and we were not in each other's sights every single day. We get along much better now, and are much more prone to actually enjoying each other's company instead of driving each other nuts. My sister is 8 years younger than I, and although I like and love her very much, we have never been the "BFF" types.

But today, we all piled in a fancy Cadillac and went to New York City to celebrate my sister's wedding. Sort of a post-wedding bachelorette party! We did some shopping and saw The Addam's Family on Broadway, starring Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth, which was spectacular!! After the show, I had the opportunity to meet up with a dear, dear friend from college whom I haven't seen in quite a long time. We had enough time to hug, say hello, introduce him to my family, goof around for a few minutes and take a couple pictures before he had to run off to a meeting. It was wonderful to see him and laugh and joke around like we used to in college. Mom, Sis and I then headed off to dinner at Mars 2112, an outer space-themed restaurant, which was interesting but good. There, another good college friend popped in to say hello, chatted for a bit and had a drink with us before we all departed. Awesome to see her, as well!

We had a lot of laughs. While at dinner, Sis and I particularly enjoyed hearing our mother order a drink called an Orgasmic Comet! Don't remember what was in it, but it's not every day that your mother says, "Don't tell my daughters, but I'd like an Orgasmic Comet to drink." The waitress was so impressed that she was our mother, I was sure Mom was going to jump up and hug her! AHA filled the day - from chatting and laughing together for the 4 hour car ride, to shopping together, to laughing at the Addam's Family, to seeing dear friends, to laughing together over our mother's choice of drink. All around, a very good day!

Not sure if there's a moral here, other than what I've stated previously- that a moment of AHA can come from just about anything and anyone if you're willing to let it. And it's of the utmost importance to let those people who provide you with AHA to hear about it! Thanks Mom and Kim. I love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment