Gratitude List, Part 2

Gratitude List, Part 2, #21-40

  1. Memories from college.
  2. Photos from college, so my friends and I can remember the silly things we did.
  3. The friends from college I can still consider my close friends some 20 years later.
  4. Going to visit those friends and having just as good a time with them as I did 20 years ago.
  5. Playing music. Music courses and bands were a huge part of my high school and college experiences. I met many of dearest friends because of the Music programs at my schools and I learned immeasurable lessons.
  6. Listening to music. Music has also been a relief therapy for me. Playing and listening. There have been plenty of bad days that were resolved simply by cranking up the stereo, dancing like a fool and singing at the top of my lungs.
  7. My pets- contrary to popular belief, I really do love my pets... even the dogs that I complain about a lot! I have very fond memories of the cat my family had when I was growing up and how hard it was to go back to college when I knew she wasn't going to be around much longer. (Sure enough, she died about a week later.) When I remembered my grandfather's birthday a year after he died, and collapsed in tears on the floor, I was comforted by my Beagle-mix, Einstein, who crawled into my lap and allowed me to wrap my arms around his neck and cry into his fur while trying to lick my cheeks and nuzzle my neck. My cat, Rajah, was my very best friend for 8 years, and I have lots and lots of stories of the antics he and Einstein used to pull off together. Even the latest pets, my cat Havannah and dogs Ace and Bailey, hold special places in my heart. I've been lucky, and the pets I've had have been good animals.
  8. Good neighbors. One of my best friends was at one time my neighbor. In the 6 or 8 places I've lived since college, I've mostly had really good neighbors. It makes living at my house a lot easier knowing that I can trust the people who live around me.
  9. When you break it all down, I really do have quite a lot to be thankful for on the very basic level, like: Having a house to live in.
  10. Having a car to drive.
  11. Having a job to go to.
  12. Having a job that I enjoy (most of the time).
  13. Having reliable, safe day care for my kids.
  14. Being able to afford groceries, clothes and other necessities for me and my kids.
  15. Having in-laws down the street who are willing to help out.
  16. Having friends around the neighborhood who are willing to help out.
  17. Being capable of returning the favor to those who do help me.
  18. Learning how to do projects around the house on my own.
  19. The ability to cook. I really enjoy cooking and love doing it for others, as well as my kids.
  20. The ability to teach my kids how to cook. I may be a perfectionist and have a slight case of OCD, but I will let my kids make a mess in the kitchen if it means they are learning how to cook. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment