Gratitude List, The Last Installment

Gratitude List, #81-100.

The last installment... for now. This list can always be added to, as there are always things to be grateful for. The scope and/or meaning of the things already mentioned may change, as well. Gratitude always serves as a solid source of AHA.

Today's list: Quotes. Quotes to live by, quotes to inspire, quotable quotes, famous quotes, quotes from people I know, etc. There's always an appropriate quote, no matter the situation. Here are some of my favorites.
  1. "Step in it" - Stan Gosek, told to me by Redd Swindells. My mentor, my best friend, my strength. He taught me how to take initiative and give myself courage by telling me to "Step in it" back in college. One of the best pieces advice I've ever received, and taken to heart many times.
  2. "Sometimes the masses are wrong." - Ed A. Hart. My uncle, another mentor, and surrogate big brother to me in many ways. I've always looked up to him and taken his advice to heart. In a letter he sent to me when I was in college (which I still have), he praised me for making my own decisions and doing what I felt was the right thing. 5 simple words that have stuck with me for 20 years.
  3. “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.” - Eckhart Tolle
  4. "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell
  5. "He who conquers others is strong; He who conquers himself is mighty." - Lao Tzu
  6. "When you say only kind words, you hear only kind echoes." - Nithya Shanti
  7. "Smile, breathe and go slowly." - Thich Nhat Hanh
  8. “Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life – learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.” – Robert Fulghum, "All I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten"
  9. "If we did [all] the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
  10. "Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours." - Richard Bach
  11. "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Ann Radmacher
  12. "We don't know how strong we can be until being strong is the only choice we have." - Anonymous
  13. "Every person, all the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you" - Richard Bach
  14. "Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years." - Richard Bach
  15. "Fewer the expectations, truer the love." - Nithya Shanti
  16. "And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out into the world it is best to hold hands and stick together." - Robert Fulghum
  17. "Life isn't as serious as the mind makes it out to be."- Eckhart Tolle
  18. "We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize." - Thich Nhat Hanh
  19. "What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  20. "Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln
When in doubt, make a Gratitude List.  We all have hundreds of things to be grateful for, and revisiting our list can help dissipate a bad mood or put negative emotions to rest.  Make a list, keep it close, refer to it often.  And always, always love that which you have to be grateful for.

1 comment: