Gratitude List, Part 3

Gratitude List, #41-60

  1. Alone time. Although sometimes I really don't like being alone, I know that I am never truly "alone" thanks to all my wonderful friends who have offered me support, companionship and love. However, I do occasionally enjoy time to myself to do what I want.
  2. Girl time. I had another wonderful group of ladies over to my house last night, and we had a blast telling stories, comparing kids and making each other laugh! Love my girlfriends!
  3. Remembering how to play. Sounds silly, but as adults, we just don't play enough. My kids have helped me remember that it's ok to make messes, drop Play-doh on the floor, or dump out the entire bucket of Legos. Playing is therapeutic and necessary.
  4. Coloring in coloring books. Also therapeutic. When my kids catch on that "5 minutes" can be eternally extended when I'm coloring, I'm in big trouble.
  5. Dancing. By myself, with my kids, with a friend, club dancing, slow dancing...whatever. I'm not the best dancer on the planet, but dancing helps me release extra adrenaline and energy, and it also brings me physically closer to those I'm dancing with, which always feels nice.
  6. Reading. It's something most of us take for granted, but I thoroughly enjoy the ability to read.
  7. Teaching my kids to read. Love it. So satisfying to hear them read a page from a book back to me!
  8. Singing. I'm not professionally trained, and sometimes go off key, but I love singing. Another stress relief, along with dancing and playing music.
  9. The ability to read music. I enjoy being able to look at a piece of sheet music and understand what it means.
  10. Photography. My photos may not all be prize-winning, but I absolutely love having a camera handy and being able to have some sort of eye for taking pretty decent shots.
  11. Being outdoors.
  12. Sunshine.
  13. Taking a walk.
  14. Taking a hike.
  15. Swimming.
  16. Playing baseball.
  17. Playing Frisbee.
  18. Rollerblading.
  19. Swinging.
  20. A warm summer rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment