Happy Life

Comments on my previous post reminded me that happiness doesn't necessarily come from one particular thing or person. Each individual achieves happiness differently, determined by various moments in your life and how you live them. I was also encouraged to make a list of what makes me happy in my life, which you can never do too often, in my opinion. A list a day keeps the blues away!

In no particular order, here are some things that I can think of right off the top of my head that make me deeply happy.
  • Laughing until I cry or my stomach hurts.
  • Hearing my children's laughter. A good ol' belly laugh is one of the THE best sounds ever!
  • Looking at photos. Reliving the awesome memories that were made.
  • Creating with photos and displaying photos, so I can sit and stare at them whenever I need a pick-me-up.
  • Talking with friends, which usually results in laughing with friends. (See #1.)
  • Being busy at work. I was a little stressed, but I was truly happy on Election night when the place was crazy busy and I didn't sit down for 6 straight hours. Not sure that I would want every day to be like that, but days like that once in a while are nice.
  • Spending time with my kids. Whether we're playing a card game or I'm trying to snap pictures of them running past me, I love watching my kids play and imagine. They have all taught me so much, and I love being able to see the world through their eyes.
  • Enjoying the sunshine. Starting about now, the sun can be a very elusive object in the area where I live. I love being able to see the sun and enjoy it's warmth.
  • Listening to music. I can almost always find something to match the mood I'm in or put me in a better mood. I love listening to, singing along with and playing music. Always makes me feel good.
Life is good. I am happy. Not every minute of every day, but overall I am. Truly, I have a happy life.

1 comment: