Countdown, Part 2

Thanksgiving countdown continued. More of what I am thankful for...
  • The internet. Sounds shallow and silly, but the internet (and Facebook specifically) has connected and reconnected me with people I never would have met otherwise. There are at least a couple dozen highschool friends who I figured I'd never talk to again, who I interact with on a fairly regular basis thanks to Facebook. There are a dozen or more people that I have "randomly" met on Facebook who have helped me stay strong during this challenging year. Greatly appreciated.
  • My camera. Not meaning to be materialistic, but my camera is one material thing that I would definitely not want to give up. The camera allows me to capture incredible moments, thereby allowing me to make incredible scrapbooks documenting everything that is important in my life.
  • My job. Even on days when I hate my job, I am thankful to have one. And overall, it's not such a bad gig.
  • My involvement in music. Again, in the department of "Life takes you where to need to be," my involvement in various musical endeavors goes back to when I was very young. It was never a career for me, but music introduced me to many of the people I am still friends with today. It allowed me confidence, creativity, friendships and love. And some of the best advice I've ever gotten: "Step in it."
"Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving." - W.T. Purkiser

No comments:

Post a Comment