Creating

I am beginning to get accustomed to my abundance of alone time. I still don't like it very much, but I've been determined to make the most of it. This evening, when I got home from work I sat down with my laptop and my Creative Memories Storybook Creator software, and created. And it was wonderful!

Mind you, this particular post is not meant to be a shameless plug for Creative Memories or our software. But it's just so easy for me to find AHA in creating scrapbooks and other photo projects, that I would be amiss to leave this incredibly important aspect out of my recounts of AHA.

It brings me great peace of mind to create scrapbooks and it calms me like nothing else can, to look at my photos again and again. Finding new ways to create page layouts or creating things like calendars and mugs is just downright fun for me! I love reliving the memories that I've made with my kids, my family and my friends.

For the past few years, I made a traditional scrapbook for each of the kids as well as a family book. When kid #3 came along, I quickly decided that I could no longer do that. Time simply would not allow it. So I went almost all digital. For my 2010 scrapbook, I'm making a Happiness Project, and have included all sorts of photos that make me laugh, make me feel good, or otherwise just make me happy. This is going to be my all time favorite book. The photos and the stories that go with them serve as a reminder as to how incredibly rich and blessed my life is. I am surrounded by family and friends who have helped fill my life with love. This is going to be an expensive book, but no matter what the cost is, it will be worth every single penny.

Find your AHA in whatever small things you can.  No matter how creative you think you are or are not, there is always something you can do to help you find AHA.  And no matter how alone you are or are not, there is always someone willing to help you find it!



2 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed reading your blog, Kate. I know you are going through a hard time lately and just thought I would stop lurking and say hi. You always say something positive when I am not feeling so positive. I love your ideas and quotes and stories. Keep 'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This made me smile and means a lot!

    ReplyDelete