Beautiful

Sunday is traditionally our "lazy day" and after last night's intensely loud hockey game, I took full advantage of Daylight Savings Time and slept in! Everyone had a fairly slow start to the day, and it was fairly uneventful. Later in the afternoon, my daughter reminded me, in great earnest, that "before today" I had said we could have some girl time and do each other's make up, and since it was now another day and the least little bit of time had passed since I had made that statement, she felt it was necessary to add that into the day's schedule. As in, right now.

So we collected up our make up, chapstick and nail polish and headed to her room. She requested that I pretend to do make up on her horsey and 3 baby dolls, then do her make up, for real. I was also asked to paint her finger- and toenails. So I did. Pink/white alternating fingers and purple/white alternating toes. Blush, eyeshadow, and some red lip gloss... and yes, her father and I are in BIG trouble when she's actually old enough to wear all this stuff.

Then it was my turn. She painted my fingernails white and my toenails purple, and she kept most of the polish on the nail. She applied blush to my cheeks (in a straight up and down motion, which for those not familiar is not the correct way to apply blush), eyeshadow to my eyelids (and just about to the bridge of my nose and eyebrows, again, incorrect), and lipgloss to my lips (and inadvertently my teeth, even with my lips pursed closed). She was very proud of herself, and regardless of how I looked, I was too. We had a very good time attaining AHA together amongst the colors of eyeshadow and chapsticks. It was fun being a girly girl, even if it was only with a 4-year-old!

1 comment: