Cleaning AHA

I have a Creative Memories Open House scheduled for this weekend, and that could only mean one thing- I have to clean my house!! Sometimes I think think the only reason I invite people over is to clean. But that's ok, because as much as I hate cleaning, when I am finished I almost always feel a sense of accomplishment.

I got home from work, barely ate dinner and immediately started in on the paperwork. One version of my idea of hell is being stuck in a room filled with bills and paperwork that I have to file. Ugh. I get nightmares from the thought of filing all my paperwork. But paper accumulates way too quickly around my house, and that's always the first thing to go when I know people are coming over. This includes cleaning off the dreaded dining room table, aka The Catch-All. Most nights I can manage to clear off a spot big enough for 4 people to eat, but when there's going to be company, I actually have to do something with all the junk that ends up there.

Another version of my idea of hell involves me walking around a room filled with toys, picking them all up but the room never gets clean. (Sometimes I swear this really happens around my house.) Toys are the next target of my cleaning attack. Up the stairs with one armload, down the stairs, up the stairs with another armload, down the stairs. I so don't need to pay for a gym membership, I just need to clean my house more often!

By the time I managed to get to bed, I had cleaned off the dining room table, picked up some papers on the hutch, swept, picked up the toys in the living room, made apple crisp, went to the grocery store and set up a display table. Not a bad night. Some pretty boring AHA, but I believe anytime you can chalk up another feeling of accomplishment and actually get something constructive done, it's AHA all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment