Countodown, Part 1

Let the Thanksgiving countdown begin! I have stated in posts before specific things that I am thankful for, and that which brings me AHA, but since the Thanksgiving holiday is just around the corner, I feel it's fairly appropriate to reiterate how many blessings I have in my life. And the purpose of this is not to brag or show off how many things I have to be thankful for, but to help remind everyone that no matter the situation, there is always something that can bring you moments of AHA and always blessings to count.
  • Friends. Friends, friends, friends... I would not be who I am today, or have been able to accomplish what I have without the wonderful support of loving friends, who have stuck by me no matter what. I believe it to be true that the people who are most important to you will accept you for exactly who you are, support anything you do, and share in anything you are passionate about. These are the people worth having in your life, and I am beyond lucky to have so many.
  • Family. Much like my friends have, my family has also helped shape who I am. My family is crazy, sometimes bordering on clinically insane I think, but that's part of what makes them all so incredible. My family has always been there to bail me out when I needed it, they've always taken care of me, and they've always been supportive of me. I am very lucky to have the family that I do.
  • My kids. I had no idea that having kids would change me so much. For better or worse (maybe a little of both) I have grown, learned, relearned, grown some more, freaked out, questioned everything I had learned and done, re-relearned and grown even more. I never imagined that I could love as much as I love my 3 children. After we had the first two, we were done. When I found out I was pregnant again, I cried. That was not in "the plan." Most plans I have seem to get crumpled up and tossed out the window at the most inopportune time, but as I have been reminded many times, there have been no wrong turns in my life. I have 3 kids for a reason, and I would not give any of them up for anything. They bring a smile to my face every day, they make me laugh, they rub my back when I give them a hug, they kiss my hand and tell me to hold on to it tight, they believe in me, they trust me, and they love me unconditionally. The sweetest words I've ever heard are "I love you past space, Mama."
Oprah Winfrey has said, "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you'll never ever have enough." I have been blessed in ways that I never imagined. And I am thankful for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment