Birth of One Small Happiness Project (Part 2)

Well, today was a typical, boring day at work and I was afraid that I wouldn't have anything to be AHA about. But there's always something if you look hard enough!

I picked up my daughter and youngest son from daycare (very appreciative of the daycare facilities on the SUNY Oswego campus and the teachers who work there) and drove to JCPenney (happy that I have a car with air conditioning) to look for a dress for my daughter. We have a wedding we are in at the end of the month. Rather than complain about how much money I have to spend on a dress for me, a dress for my daughter, a wedding gift, travel, etc, etc... I accept the fact that this a celebration for my SISTER, of all people!! Of course I'm happy for her! She found a wonderful man, she adores his kids, his kids adore her and everyone is happy! So, although finances are a big issue with me, I refuse to bring down my sister's happy occasion by worrying about trite things like money!

I also had a second AHA moment this afternoon. I created a Facebook Happiness Project to document those people, events and things around me that make me happy. The concept of this project is simple - use photos, a blog, notes, a scrapbook...whatever means you are comfortable with to keep track of whatever it is that makes you happy from day to day. When I checked it earlier today, I had 2 friends who were "attending" - me and my friend, Ken. I checked it later this afternoon and there were 30 guests, most of whom were invited by Ken! AHA!! Thanks, Ken! I truly appreciate his participation in these adventures as well as his support and the positive vibes he sends to everyone he knows!

I invite everyone to join in my journey of AHA, as well as the Happiness Project! Make the adventure more special by being someone else's cheerleader, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment