The Everyday Mundane

I'm going to try things a little differently tonight. So far, I've been focusing pretty much on one thing, event or happening that I've pegged as the source for my AHA. Tonight, I'd like to recognize those things which are typically labeled as "mundane" or "boring" but still are things that can bring AHA.

  • Having a car. Having two cars, in fact. Our lives would be much more hectic and more difficult if we were not able to have this luxury/necessity.
  • Having family close by. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em. ;) But we can live just far enough away that they are there when we need them and we can still go home when we need to.
  • A job. A husband with a job. As much as we don't like our jobs sometimes, this is a huge blessing in and of itself. And a car to get there - bonus.
  • Good child care. To go along with the blessing of having two jobs, we also have the blessing of knowing that all 3 kids are well taken care of when we're not around. Another huge blessing.
  • Food. Sometimes we have to make difficult money choices, but at the end of the day, the kids (and usually us) always go to bed with 3 meals in our bellies. Even when we "have no food in the house" we have more than some others do.
  • Friends. I know I've talked a lot about my friends in previous entries of this blog, but I just can't stress it enough. In addition to family, friends are the most important thing to me. Ever. I consider myself extremely blessed to know the people I know.
  • Life. As in being alive. Every year at Christmastime, my husband and I watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and I ponder what life for others would be like without me. First, and most obviously, my kids would not be here and that would just be a shame because they are incredibly awesome kids. When I take the time to really consider it, I realize that my life touches the lives of a whole lot of others. I hope that I'm living so others will be proud to know me.
Be accepting, happy and appreciative of the mundane. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment