Big AHA from Small Passions

I've been considering for a few hours now what my AHA moment of the day has been. It's been a fairly quiet day, and there were no huge burst of lightning "HERE'S THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR" kind of moments. However, I did do a Creative Memories get together, which I haven't done in .... quite a while. It was nice to get out of the house and concentrate on something that I truly enjoy doing (as opposed to laundry and dishes, which I only sort of enjoy doing). I got to talk about all the great reasons as to why I love CM (and don't worry, that's not the point to this post), meet some new people, and hang out with a few really cool ladies.

Talking about the various ways to scrapbook and the various products one can use is always a favorite subject for me. Scrapbooking has been my therapeutic outlet for a number of years. Partly because I can provide proof of the fun and cool things my family has done over the years, and I get to "watch" my kids grow up again, but this time in slow motion. I can savor how my 9-year-old looked when he was 4, how my 4-year-old looked when she was 2, or how my 2-year-old looked when he was born. And all 3 kids love flipping through the pages of my scrapbooks to look at themselves, or laugh at each other. The scrapbooks provide yet another means for me to feel appreciated. And, scrapbooking just plain makes me happy!

The get together this afternoon was small, and I left without any orders. But I was happy all the same, because I got to talk about my passion and share why I'm passionate about it. I met new people, which is always a bonus in my book, and I got to network a little. I'm extremely appreciative to my friend who hosted it, and I'm happy that I got to feel appreciated by helping the guests understand CM a little more.

When I got home, I pulled out some of my papers and tools, and sat at the table with my daughter to make Father's Day cards for my husband. We spent about an hour or so cutting and taping paper together. It was a short "therapy" session, but it felt good to do just a little. What is your passion? Finding your passion, and working even just a little bit on it can be a huge AHA moment. A moment that might make the not-so-good stuff in your life a little easier to accept, because you are doing something that truly makes you happy.

:) Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment