Seeing Through the Tears

I have learned that it's easy to be accepting, happy and appreciative when you're already in a good mood. It's not so easy when things REALLY don't go the way you want them to and you're in a bad mood. That's what happened to me today. The one shining moment that I am extremely appreciative of came when I was talking to a very dear, very awesome friend. She reminded me that I am an awesome, amazing and beautiful person, no matter how others make me feel at times. Someone made me feel really horrible today, and it was hard for me to see the AHA through all the tears. But talking to a very good friend is always an AHA moment, no matter how down in the dumps you feel.

She also reminded me that 70 people are now participating in my Facebook Happiness Project. Wow! That was something I started to make myself feel good and remind myself of all the happy things/events/people in my life. Now 70 (+) people, many of which I don't know, have jumped on the bandwagon to share what it is that makes them happy. Here are just few things I can think of quickly (in no particular order):

  • Talking with a good friend
  • Being reminded that you're awesome and amazing (and being reminded quite often)
  • Having the kids help calm you down when you cry, and helping to take care of each other while you cry.
  • Being reminded that you play a pivotal role in a number of other people's lives. That's super-cool *A-H-A* moment.
Thanks for the very much needed call, Jasmyn! You found AHA for me!

1 comment: