More Simple AHA

Last night, I had dinner with some very dear friends. We sat outside at the picnic table and chatted, while watching the birds and squirrels run around the yard. It was simple, but it was nothing short of amazing. Spending time with close friends is always a moment of AHA, as is watching nature do it's thing.

I then went out to a local bar as part of reunion weekend. Had a good time meeting a few new people and catching up with some others whom I haven't seen in quite a while. I allowed myself to let go a little. I laughed, I chatted, I told a story or two, I had fun.

Today, I brought the kids with me and we went out to the reunion picnic. Unfortunately, it rained most of the day. But the picnic was still fun. I got to chat with more friends, and the kids had a great time blowing bubbles in the rain and sliding down the inflatable slide into a small ball pit. I tried teaching my youngest son how to blow bubbles, and he did it a few times, which was exhilarating. All that was my AHA- watching the kids bounce down the slide into the ball pit and screeching with joy, watching them blow and chase bubbles in a light, misty rain, and watching the youngest try and try to blow the bubbles out of the wand and seeing him not give up until it happened. Simple moments of happiness.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll drag out the gallon jug of bubble solution someone gave to us and we can find simple AHA again.

No comments:

Post a Comment